Hello and Welcome to the ISAEC Advanced Practice Clinician Training Program!
The Inter-professional Spine Assessment and Education Clinics (ISAEC) is an innovative, upstream, shared-care model of care in which patients receive rapid low back pain assessment (less than two weeks on average), education and evidence-based self-management plans. It is designed to decrease the prevalence of unmanageable chronic low back pain, reduce unnecessary diagnostic imaging as well as unnecessary specialist referral.
Throughout your training, you will have access to online resources that will both guide you through the ISAEC training process and act as a resource for information. You will be required to complete each module prior to seeing your first ISAEC patient to ensure that a standard quality of care is provided.
ISAEC Advanced Practice Clinician Training Curriculum
ISAEC Advanced Practice Clinician Prerequisite Reading
Please read the articles below prior to your first session.
Low Back Pain Articles and Clinical Trials
- Core Back Tool
- Quality Based Pathway Clinical Handbook for Non-Emergent Integrated Spine Care
- Surgery vs Conservative Management
- Association between Physical Therapy and long term outcomes for individuals with Lumbar spinal stenosis in the SPORT study
- Who should have surgery for spinal stenosis? Treatment effect predictors in SPORT
- Non-operative Rx for lumbar spinal stenosis with neurogenic claudication